Irish Company Law requires every company to have a company secretary. KB Associates provides a dedicated company secretary service to investment companies and management companies (“Companies”), both UCITS and non-UCITS.
You can download a pdf version of the Company Secretary Services guide
In addition to the Irish legislative requirements, the introduction of the Irish Funds’ Corporate Governance Code for Collective Investment Schemes and Management Companies requires Companies to implement a robust governance framework.
The increased focus on corporate governance requires that a board of directors is composed of highly experienced members and also, that the company secretary is equally as skilled. An essential part of the governance framework is the regular holding of formal board meetings. The company secretary ensures that meetings are operated in accordance with applicable legislation and regulation and documented to the board’s satisfaction.
Company Secretary Services
The company secretary services provided by KB Associates to both investment companies and management companies include;
- Preparation and issuance of board meeting materials at least five business days prior to each board meeting;
- Arranging and taking minutes of Board, Committee and General Meetings;
- Issuance of board minutes within ten business days following each board meeting;
- Issuance of draft action points within five business days following each board meeting;
- Ensuring all action points are addressed by actively engaging with the responsible party and are fully completed ten business days prior to each board meeting;
- Maintaining and making available for inspection, the company’s registers on behalf of the directors, including the register of directors and secretaries and register of directors’ and secretary’s interests;
- Filing documents with the Companies Registration Office within the specified time frame;
- Providing administrative support to directors;
- Preparing ad hoc board resolutions and circulating for board approval and signing;
- Arranging Annual General Meetings;
- Provision of the Registered Office address of the Company;
- Dealing with company correspondence as instructed;
- Provision of board room and other support facilities for meetings of the Company and its directors; and
- Custody of the company seal